Another Summer Job at Modern Fuel
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITY
New Media Workspace Assistant
In collaboration with the New Media Workspace Coordinator, the New Media Workspace Assistant will be responsible for the promotion and operation of Modern Fuel’s New Media Workspace, including its equipment rentals, and organizing orientation sessions and workshops on the use of said equipment as well as the development and promotion of Square Pegs, a free, annual public screening of artist video shorts submitted to Modern Fuel and Voices Off, a youth oriented series of video workshops.
The selected applicant will work full-time hours for 7 weeks alongside the New Media Workspace Coordinator. Note: This position is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Culture Summer Experience Program. Candidates must be between the ages of 15-24.
Start date: Tuesday July 7th, 2009
End date: Saturday August 22, 2009
- Demonstrated interest in Art History, Fine Art, or related field
- Experience working in or knowledge of new media art forms and technologies, including maintenance of equipment and programs
- Must be familiar with new media equipment such as video cameras and editing software including Final Cut Pro
- Internet and basic web skills required
- Exceptionally strong writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of both PC and Mac computer platforms.
- Knowledge of design software including the Adobe Photoshop and InDesign programs.
Ideal applicants should have a passion for, and understanding of, contemporary art practices. Enthusiasm for learning about alternative art practices and willingness to participate in collaborative art projects is greatly appreciated, including motivation to pursue a career in the arts and culture sector. Experience working in or knowledge of artist-run centres would be an asset.
Please submit: a C.V with cover letter, two references, and examples of previous design, video work, writing or art work.
Deadline: 30th of June 2009
*Applications postmarked for the 30th will be accepted
Send applications to:
NMW Assistant application
c/o Modern Fuel Artist-Run Centre
21 Queen Street,