Modern Fuel Artist-Run Centre is delighted to be a recipient of CKAF’s ADAPT grant for our project Shallow Dives.
Taking place at the location of various Kingston establishments, local artists will present an artist talk about their practice, followed by an introductory workshop in their chosen medium. Participants will have the opportunity to take a Shallow Dive into a variety of art forms and techniques, free of charge, with all supplies provided.
Modern Fuel is grateful for the opportunity to support local artists and Kingston businesses, while facilitating outreach opportunities and cross-pollination of audiences for all partners. Through this project we aim to expand access to contemporary art and nurture creativity within our community.
Registration is required and space will be limited. Thank you to CKAF for this opportunity!
- Sat, Jul 23Kingston School of Art
- Sun, Jun 05Modern Fuel Artist-Run CentreJun 05, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.Modern Fuel Artist-Run Centre, Tett Centre, 370 King St W #305, Kingston, ON K7L 2X4, CanadaThis workshop will use examples and short exercises to explain the basics of linear perspective. Sketchpads, pencils and pens will be provided. The workshop will start and finish at the Modern Fuel Gallery, but include a walk to Gord Downie Pier to sketch outdoors.
- Sat, May 28Modern Fuel Artist-Run Centre
- Sat, May 07Diane Black Studios
- Wed, Apr 20The Grad Club
- Sun, Apr 10Tie One On Creativity Bar
- Sat, Sept 17McBurney (Skeleton) ParkSept 17, 12:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.McBurney (Skeleton) Park, McBurney Park Path, Kingston, ON K7K, CanadaJoin us for our next Shallow Dives Workshop, Introduction to Photography with Dmitry Uchitel! Dmitry will go over the basics of photography and participants will have the opportunity to shoot on disposable film cameras. This will be a walking tour, meeting at Skeleton Park.